Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sorry for the delay...

Heya, sorry it has been so long since I have last blogged. I have been rather busy/ too tired to sit down and really tell my faithful followers about Spain.

Today, we went to the Cathedral of Valencia for mass. I always feel so blessed to be in there because it is such an ancient and sacred place. It is well over 4oo years old and is simply breathtaking. I think that we are going to mass later on in the week because I won't be able to go on Sunday since we will be in Barcelona.

Thursday night we went to a "Mexican" restaurant. It is actually owned by a Mexican guy named Alex who was so very nice. He kept telling us that the restaurant was our home too, and that we should come back all the time. I got veggie and beef tacos that were soooo good! The veggies were green and red peppers with grilled onions. I have missed veggies so much, and that was exactly what I needed. The only thing is that it was a little expensive. And the margs were weak. Oh, well. The veggies and tacos made up for it.

Aside from that, it has just been mainly school and sleep. eat, and sometime going to the bars. Our bar that us Americans always go to is called O'Hares. It's owned by some man named Juano who absolutely adores us. We can also get a liter of Fosters for 3 Euro, so that is always pleasant.

I should get my grade for my presentation that I gave last Monday about Juana de Ines. I was shocked to know that it was considered heresy for a woman to study education. And here I am 400 years later in a different country studying. And it's also nice that I can get married, drink like a champ...etc.

Tonight we are going Flamenco dancing! I am so excited to actually learn some Spanish dancing here. It's going to be some much fun. I shall update you all on how it goes.

P.S. this is how much I miss American food. Watch the link below :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkJWopuWwxg

1 comment: