Friday, June 24, 2011

San Juan Won

Last night was El Noche de San Juan, or the night of Saint John. It's a huge party that takes place on the beaches of Valencia where people light bonfires and drink. A lot. At midnight you are supposed to run into the ocean (some say naked, but I was not falling for that) and jump with the waves 7 times for luck. People come to this from all over Spain and Europe.

Needless to say, shenanigans ensued for everyone on the UGA en Valencia group. Allison and I both hurt our feet pretty badly (we are both limping like bosses), Jamie lost all of his clothes, Big Country fell asleep on me on the ride home, phones were stolen/lost, shoes broken, and so much more. It was an awesome night. I have never experienced a festival like that before in my life. I think I came back to the dorms at 6:30 this morning, which is extremely ridiculous, even by my standards.

Today I did nothing but relax since it hurts to walk/I am so dead from last night. I am finally uploading pictures though! The should be up on facebook pretty soon. Tomorrow we are going to try to go put putting and enjoy our last weekend in Valencia. With no school to keep me occupied in the morning, I am excited for the morning adventures we get to take.

On a more serious note, I want to thank everyone who has been there for me recently. I am so lucky to have such a great support system and I love all of you minions very much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment