Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bittersweet Goodbye

I find myself growing sadder and more delusional to the fact that I am leaving Valencia tomorrow to go back to Madrid. It is surreal how the time has flown and it does not seem like I have been in this country for six weeks. For all of the jokes that have been concocted, the studying we didn't do, the nights that we stayed out until dawn, the tears that flowed, and the lack of Euro we all seemed to have, I wouldn't change a thing for the world.

I have grown quite a bit as a person from this trip. The culture is so different, yet so beautiful here. My eyes have definitely been opened to the wonders of Europe and the rest of the world. Walking back from supper tonight, I looked up at the buildings and realized we have nothing like this in the United States; you will never see 400 year old building with iron wrought balconies and flowers draping over them in Atlanta. The sheer beauty of Valencia will surely be dear to my heart and will never be forgotten.

It's sad to think about how this chapter of my life is closing, but I am also excited to see the opportunities I will gain from being here. I truly have discovered another side to myself and my soul that seems to have been lost for a while now, and living life in a completely different way than I am used to has given me a spark that I desperately needed.

España and Valencia has treated me very well. Minus the disgusting PDA and the Count's stench. But one can deal with that. Y'all will here from me in Madrid next!

No comments:

Post a Comment