Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Count got a haircut!

Sunday night we went to a Flamenco club! The dancer was so beautiful and intense. She was this tiny dark-haired woman who wore these elaborate Flamenco costumes with a lot of fringe and ruffles. When she stomped to the beat of the Flamenco music it literally caused the tiny club to shake. The men who sang and played guitar behind her were awesome, too. One of the men looked like a more Hispanic version of Ronnie from Jersey Shore, so that tickled me a bit. Needless to say, I sort of want to learn how to Flamenco so I can stomp like a champ.

Yesterday was far less fun. I spent most of the day taking a siesta, bopping around on the computer, and studying for my Literatura midterm. I took it this morning and I think I did really well on it. Aside from getting our test over with, the Count canceled his class today so I was done with school at 10 this morning. Naturally, I came back and took a siesta after the maids cleaned our room and got lunch around 2:30. I really don't have anything else planned for today.

Yesterday I was slumming around on the internet and found this website called TheBurningHouse.com, which is basically a photo gallery of what you would grab if your house burned down. It was fascinating to see what people would bring with them. Obviously any family/pets are a given, but you basically have to decide between any priceless items and sentimental items. I couldn't help but think about what I would save, and I came up with this basic list:

-My macbook: There are too many memories on that computer that are irreplacable, including photos, letters, etc.
-My Droid: Gotta call the fire department
-My Camera: I can't go through life without taking pictures of everything, even though I don't always update things to Facebook
-Chargers for the first 3
-My scrapbooks of my Germany vacation summer after middle school and all of my scrapbooks throughout middle school and early highschool
-Jewelry that is priceless to me:
-My blue topaz ring I got for my 21st birthday
-My diamond band that I got when I was 15, which was passed down from my grandmother
to my mother
-Braided gold ring that was also my mother's
-Green emerald necklace that I got for my highschool graduation from my parents
-White gold and diamond huggies that I got for my 17th birthday from my parents
-Gold ID bracelet with my name and birthdate on it from my aunt/godmother
-Blue and white diamond pendant from my grandparents for my 18th birthday
-All of these pieces would be in my Alpha Gamma Delta jewelry box.
-Jewelry box John gave me for Christmas
-My rosary from Vatican City: It was blessed by the Pope and means so much to me
-My patagonia jacket: Need to stay warm

This seems like a ton, but these are the most sentimental/ important things in my life. To lose one of them would be devastating to me. I hope that a fire never engulfs my house, but if it were to happen, these would be the treasures I save (of course, family and Lulus are first).

1 comment:

  1. My wife really wants to learn how to Flamingo dance. She loves dancing of all kinds and it is something she covets a lot. I am paying for her to take lessons soon.
    John Bond | http://collvestcoins.com

    ReplyDelete