Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday restday

Mass this morning was one of the most beautiful experiences I have ever endured. We went to the Basilica, which is the only one here in Valencia. It was pretty short, only 45 minutes, but it went in the exact same order as the masses at home. I need to learn the Lord's Prayer in Spanish haha. I knew that they were saying it, but because some of the terms they use are not exact translations, I couldn't really say it with them. Instead, all of us said it in English. Needless to say, the service was wonderful.
I was supposed to go to the beach today with some of the girls, but my stomach was a bit upset and I thought it was a better idea to rest. Even though I got roughly 7 hours of sleep last night (the most I have gotten in one sitting since this trip has started) I was still exhausted. I think that the jet lag really caught up to me. I just woke up from my nap and I feel so much better. Hopefully I'll be able to get a decent sleep schedule here really soon.
Tomorrow classes start. ¡Ay! I'm a bit nervous because I don't really know what to expect. We are only taking classes with UGA kids, so that will be a bit less intimidating. However, I don't know what these Spanish teachers are like. I have my first class at 9:15 in the morning and then I have a break for over an hour. Then I have my second class that goes until 1:30. Guess who will be going to the beach a ton after classes? I'll use that break in between classes to do homework and have a snack. Or nap. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment