Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Count Smells....

Yesterday was so very relaxing. Since we got out of class early, a couple of girls and I went to the beach from 11 to 4. Needless to say, I got a bit crispy but I am finally rocking a tan.
Today I finally have homework for the first time. The Count assigned us some reading and handed us out photocopies and I have to start working on my presentation of a poem for Celia's class that's due Monday. I need to start working on that tomorrow because this weekend we are going to Alicante! They are known for their beautiful beaches and shopping. Apparently they have a ferry that takes you to an island an hour out in the Mediterranean. It sounds so beautiful. The round-trip train is only 20 Euro and the hostel for both nights that we are gone will be less than 45 Euro. For a weekend trip here that's amazing.
A lot of people are trying to go to Rome and Paris for the other weekends, but I just feel like one weekend is not enough time to explore such historical and amazing cities. I think I am going to keep everything in Spain. Danny and I are trying to plan a trip to Cadiz and Sevilla, which is considered the oldest European city. It looks amazing.
Aside from planning trips, I haven't done much at night here. Quite frankly, I'm too tired to really go out. Since I also have to be up for class around 8:15, I need to get as much rest as I can. However, I am really enjoying the 1 Euro wine that we discovered in the Supermercado of Corte Ingles (basically Spain's version of a department store). It's wayyy cheaper than spending 7 Euro (yes, you read right) on a drink. Not worth it.
It's time to get my laundry out and start working on the Count's reading. Hasta luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment