Tuesday, May 17, 2011

First day in Madrid

Greetings from the McDonalds in Madrid! So far I love this city. It reminds me of a shorter and older NYC. The people are the same as NYC, too. Always frustrated and rather rude. But that's ok because i am finally in one of the most beautiful countries in the world.
The plane ride was pretty awesome, actually. We got free movies, TV shows and games so we were pretty entertained the whole time. I became a master at Bejeweled since I was not able to sleep at all. When we dropped our suitcases off at the hotel we went walking around and saw where many of the old government buildings are. It's amazing how industrial the first floor of a building is and then how grand and ornate the top apartment floors are.
After a group dinner we finally went out to a bar and a disco. The people and the music at the bar was hilarious! It was all American music but with a Euro beat. A worker at the bar ended up bringing out this elevated platform-cage thing that we all got on and danced. We were able to get into the disco for free because some sketchy woman handed us flyers that let us in. Let me just tell yall that their mojitos are not the same as ours. I found that out the hard way.
We got in around three, but because my internal clock is all messed up I was wide awake at 6 this morning and went and got breakfast downstairs around 7. It was delightful. A lot of cheeses and meats and bread. I was rather pleased with the food selection.
There will be pictures of our adventures to come soon.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you made this! Can't wait to hear more!
    -Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time! I really glad were are on the same continent again lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that you of all people can't sleep, what has this world come to? Haha...I hope you have an amazing time Gab and can't wait to hear all about it and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you are having a good time! Spain is SOOOOO AWESOME so take full advantage of your time there. Miss you back in the states.
    -skillas

    ReplyDelete